Monday, April 13, 2009

Custom Portraits

As you may know, I participated in Access Hollywood's "Things You Must..." Gift Lounge for the Golden Globe awards.
My "gift" was a choice - either a "instant gratification" gift of one of a selection of giclees - or a small custom portrait.
I've done a few of those already - but I am particularly proud of the one [below] that I just finished today for Deanna Russo - star of "Knight Rider" on TV.
Not only is she a delightful person, is she not gorgeous??? I was really into creating something special - and there are a lot of details to make it colorful and fun. I can't wait to hear her reaction!















I also did a custom portrait for Glynn Turman, an Emmy winning actor most recently seen on HBO's "In Treatment" and "The Wire," silly me forgot to take a photo of the portrait, but I will get one soon and post it on my site and here.

His wife was kind enough to send this note:
Thank you so very much for the incredible and unique portrait of
Glynn. He absolutely loves it and so do I. It is remarkable what you
can do to capture his true spirit, especially his eyes. Thank you
again for your beautiful gift, it will be treasured for years. We
will look at your site for future unique gifts for our family and
friends, thanks so much and take care. The Turman's



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that you have a blog?! Thanks for letting me know. I'm adding you to my reader. I LOVE your work! I hope you'll stop by this week's Trash Thursday and have a peek at some of my other mosaic projects!