Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time Enough...

We've got all the time in the world...

Yes, when we're children, we have no concept of time... the limited amount of time we have on earth - our lives seem to stretch out forever - a week seems like a lifetime.

I've just faced the passing of my Mother. Her time on earth was not short, but was it enough? Time enough? She imparted wisdom to her children and grandchildren... don't wait, if there's something you want to do - do it NOW. Of course, this makes me think of my own mortality... and I think of my child, who has a lifetime ahead of her. I hope she appreciates this gift.

We have nothing left... only love...

This is my newest addition to my "Emotional Influences" series. The image of a child, surrounded by a clock, time - linked with the song "We have all the time in the world." Click on the link to hear the song, performed by Iggy Pop.

24x24" junk mail and tissue on canvas. $2300.00

No comments: