Monday, August 3, 2009

If I hadn't...

If I hadn't been to Jerusalem, I might not have known about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
If I hadn't been to Istanbul, I might not have known about Constantine and his conversion.
If I hadn't read "The Last Pink Bits" I might not have known about the Island of St. Helena, where Napoleon spent his last days.
If I hadn't been out of work at the time, I might not have traveled to Oregon in an orange Fiat right after Mount St. Helen's blew up.
And, if I hadn't been watching "The Naked Archeologist" last night, I might not have known that St. Helena was Emperor Constantine's mother, who became the first "pilgrim" to visit the Holy Land and built churches on the sites of Calvary, the true cross, and the birthplace of Jesus.
Or, would I have known she is the patron saint of archeologists and the capital of Montana.
Look for an upcoming mosaic portrait of St. Helena...just for fun.

No comments: